School starts next week. All the local stores have back-to-school sales running and the parents of Millersville have been busy getting new clothes and supplies for their kids. The stationary store on this particular evening was very busy as the parents all stocked up on pencils, notebooks, and other supplies for the new school season. Five kids, who were shopping with their parents, got to pick out their own supplies. Each ended up getting a different colored binder and ruler, and each got a different package of writing implements. The children also managed to convince their parents that they really needed one additional item, not currently on their parentsí shopping list. Determine the first name of each child, the color of each binder and ruler (no child got the same colors), the type of writing implements each got (one was a package of ball point pens), and the additional item each talked their parents into buying for them (one was a cell phone cover).
1. The kids who got pencils didnít get anything red. The one who got the orange binder didnít get the backpack.
2. The five kids are the girl who got the alarm clock, the one who got the orange ruler, the one who got the felt tip pens, Joy, and the one who got the green binder.
3. The one who got the yellow binder also got a red ruler, but it wasnít Beth. The one who got the drawing tablet also got a green ruler.
4. Steve got mechanical pencils but he didnít get an orange ruler. Rich talked his mom into getting him the colored pencils for art class but he didnít get anything green.
5. Tabitha got the markers. The girl who got the backpack also got a blue ruler.
6. The kids who got the mechanical, wood, and colored pencils, in no particular order, were Rich, the one who got the yellow ruler, and the girl who got the orange binder.
October 03, 2010