Last night, the Barbeque Hut was the site of a small gathering of friends for dinner. This gathering was very unusual however as most of the people in this group had never seen each other before. Theyíd all been friends for years as members of an email discussion list but had never met face to face. This gathering had been organized to give everyone a chance to meet and some had even traveled from afar to attend. Each person to attend also brought a guest Ė either a good friend or a spouse. The night was deemed a great success and they planned to do another such gathering the following year (oh, and the barbeque dinner was fantastic!). Determine the full name of each attendee, the name and relationship of each guest that was brought (couples were one man and one woman who shared the same last name), and the home city of each attendee.
1. Wendy, whose last name wasnít Farrell, didnít bring a friend. The person from New York had a last name of Dunn. Jeff didnít come with the person from Atlanta.
2. Steve Cash didnít bring Evan. Louise was a friend but she didnít come with the person from Montreal.
3. The three people who brought spouses were the person who came from Houston, Ethan, and the one whose last name was Barr.
4. Fran was married to the person whose last name was Wise, but they werenít from Montreal. Ethan didnít come from Chicago.
5. The six people were represented by the one who brought Greg, the one from Chicago, Amy, the one from London, the one who brought Evan, and the one whose last name was Nann.
6. Mike brought Sara, his wife, but they werenít from Houston. Doug didnít bring Jeff but he was from Montreal.
April 26, 2010