Last Saturday night, the After Midnight club held their annual Halloween Costume party from 7pm Ďtil midnight. A very popular club, the party was well attended and some of the costumes were fabulous. The club held a costume contest with previously-selected judges who strolled through the guests during much of the evening judging costumes. At 11pm, the winners were announced. For the first time ever, the five winning contestants were husband and wife couples whoíd dressed up as a well-known fictional couple. Determine the full name of each couple, what their costumes were, and what place each couple was awarded (1st to 5th place).
Note: Remember that a higher place means a lower number!
1. Jack and his wife placed one higher than the couple who went as Tarzan & Jane but they placed one lower than Michelle and her husband.
2. The couple dressed as Robin Hood & Maid Marion had a last name of Miller. Wendy wasnít married to Frank. Allenís last name was Green.
3. Peter and his wife, Betsy, didnít attend as Peter Pan & Wendy. The couple who came as Beauty & the Beast placed one higher than Greg and his wife.
4. Mr. and Mrs. Shadow won third place. Frank and his wife didnít come as Romeo & Juliette.
5. Louise and her husband, who wasnít Greg, came as Robin Hood & Maid Marion but they didnít win second place.
6. The Parkers were two places lower than the couple who came as Tarzan & Jane. Cindy Common and her husband didnít come as Peter Pan & Wendy.
December 28, 2009