Jerry and four friends spent yesterday afternoon playing miniature golf. It was a gorgeous day and the five friends had a great time. Par for the course was 42 and all of them had decent scores at the end of the course. Each one also got a hole-in-one at a different hole in the 18-hole course. Determine the full name of each friend, what their final score for the course was (38 to 46), and at what hole each got their hole-in-one.
Hint: In golf, a lower score is better than a high score. The goal is to make the course par or lower.
1. Steven, whose last name wasnít Rich, was under par for the course. Mr. West got his hole-in-one at hole 9.
2. The person who matched the course par got a hole-in-one at hole 15, but it wasnít Aaron.
3. Mr. Richís score was four points higher than Elliotís score. Jerryís last name wasnít Grant.
4. Elliot got his hole-in-one three holes before Mr. Stewart, who got his hole-in-one three holes before the person who had a final score of 38, who got his hole-in-one three holes before Jerry.
5. The two people who scored under par for the course were Mr. Grant and the person who got a hole-in-one at hole 9.
6. Joe Larriot didnít get his hole-in-one at hole 3.
July 22, 2009