Five girls made fudge after school this week. Each girl made fudge on a different day and each had a little sister who insisted that she must help. Although each girl made a basic chocolate fudge, they all decided that plain fudge was boring. So, each decided to add a different nut to their fudge, to make it more interesting. Determine the names of each girl and little sister, the type of nut each added to the fudge, and what day each girl made her fudge (each was made on a different day of the week).
1. Monicaís sister made fudge two days after Alice but the day before the girl who added pecans. Julia was Rhodaís little sister.
2. Margie didnít make her fudge on Thursday but she did make it before the girl who added macadamia nuts.
3. Denise wasnít Heidiís little sister. The girl who added pecans didnít make her fudge on Tuesday.
4. The first and last girls to make fudge were the girl who added walnuts and the girl whose little sister was named Brenda, respectively.
5. Janice made fudge two days before the girl who added almonds. Susanís sister added peanuts to her fudge.
6. Heidi didnít make her fudge on Wednesday but she did add almonds to it. Rhoda didnít make her fudge on Friday.
May 19, 2009