The Worldscapes Convention, the premiere gaming, science fiction, and fantasy event of the year, takes place this month! By land, sea, and air, people flock to Indianapolis at this time each year to experience four packed solid days of gaming, science fiction and fantasy in all its forms including an art show and writers’ symposium, and an extensive exhibitor’s room where companies provide gaming demonstrations, contests, and new product announcements. Like many others, five friends have been traveling to this convention for years and traditionally meet up the day before for supper to renew their friendship and plan out their schedule for the convention. Each friend has a special passion for one particular event. Determine the full name of each friend (one first name is Harry), how long each friend is staying for, the way each friend traveled to the convention, and each friends’ special passion.
1. The two people who traveled by airplane were the man who loved the art show and Sara.
2. Mr. Vane didn’t stay for five days. Paul, whose last name wasn’t Moore, traveled by car.
3. Adam stayed one day longer than the person who loved the writers’ symposium. The person who came by train loved card games.
4. The two people who stayed for 6 days were the person who loved roleplaying games and Mr. Moore.
5. The person whose last name was Price loved the exhibitor’s room. Wendy’s last name was Smith but her favorite event wasn’t the roleplaying games.
6. Mr. Dansk’s favorite event wasn’t the art show. The woman who loved the writers’ symposium only stayed for four days.
September 10, 2008