Michael rented his cabin in the mountains to five couples over the course of the summer months. Each couple stayed at least a week; some stayed as long as three weeks. By coincidence, this year each of the couples celebrated their anniversary during their stay and each couple had a passion for a different recreational activity. Determine each coupleís full name, how long they stayed, what each couplesí favorite recreational activity was, and how many years of marriage each couple celebrated on their anniversary.
1. Martha Jones stayed one week less than the couple who enjoyed nature photography. Wanda didnít like rock climbing. Barbara loved fishing and was married six years less than Mr. and Mrs. Bates.
2. The two couples who stayed for two weeks were the couple celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary and the Parnells. The couple who had been married for 12 years didnít like hiking, but they stayed at the cabin longer than the Stewart and his wife did.
3. Edward wasnít married to Martha, but he did enjoy bird watching. Tom and his wife Nancy had been married six years longer than the Robinsons.
4. The couple who enjoyed rock climbing were celebrating an anniversary four years longer than Johnís anniversary, but two years shorter than the couple whose last name was Bates.
5. Barbara and her husband stayed at the cabin for three weeks, but they were not the couple who had been married for 6 years. Mr. and Mrs. Smith stayed for one week, but rock climbing wasnít their favorite activity.
6. Stewart was celebrating his 8th anniversary but Deborah wasnít his wife. Michael and his wife, who wasnít Deborah, loved nature photography. The couple who enjoyed hiking celebrated their 10th anniversary.
June 22, 2008