Five friends decided that it was high time they lost all that extra body fat and returned to the more comfortable weight each was in high school or college. So, they started their own dieting and exercise program with great success. A year later, each woman had made her target weight, losing between 60 and 100 pounds! Determine the full name of each woman and their before and after weights.
1. Sara, whose last name wasnít Abington, lost more weight than Alice. Paula lost 80 pounds, but her starting weight wasnít 210 pounds.
2. Ms. Carver, whose first name wasnít Paula, ended her weight loss at 160 pounds.
3. The woman who lost the least weight started at 200 pounds. Ms. Wake lost 100 pounds.
4. The two women who lost 80 pounds were Ms. Mann and the woman whose final weight was 110 pounds.
5. Miriam started at the highest weight, 250 pounds but she didnít end with the highest weight.
6. Sara ended her weight loss at 130 pounds. Cynthia Knight didnít end at 150 pounds.
December 18, 2007