Five prominent farmers from the surrounding area had animals in the fair competition during the Millersville County Fair last weekend. Each farmer had a prized animal in one of the competition classes and each animal won a ribbon. While some of the animals won the same ribbon, each animal was in a different competition. Determine the full name of each farmer, the name of each farm, the type of each animal, each animalís name, and what place each won.
1. The pig named Harvey wasnít owned by Simon. Mr. Trust, who owned Lazy River Farm, had an animal that won a second place ribbon.
2. The two first place animals were the goat and the animal named Sapphire. The chicken, whose name wasnít Daisy, was owned by Peter, whose last name wasnít Plank.
3. Mr. Cousins didnít have a pig but he did have an animal named Peaches. The third place animal was from Shady Valley Farm, which wasnít owned by Chris.
4. The five farmers are represented by Simon, the one from Meadowbrook Farm, Mr. Plank, the one with an animal named Peaches, and the one with a horse.
5. John, whose last name wasnít Ridge, owned Sunshine Farm and his animal won a second place ribbon. Joe Black didnít own Honey Bee Farm.
6. Sunny was the name of the cow. Mr. Ridge owned a horse but it didnít win second place.
November 29, 2009