The youth group from a local church in Millersville held a fund-raiser for a local charity group last weekend. Each participating youth collected sponsors for their performance in a “rock-a-thon”. On Saturday night, the rock-a-thon took place – each youth had pledged to spend the night rocking in a rocking chair. The fund raiser was deemed a success as everyone made it through most of the night, although in the wee hours of the morning a number had dozed off briefly and needed to be gently reminded of their goal. Determine the full name of each participating youth, the number of people who sponsored each youth, and at what time each had briefly fallen asleep and for how long.
1. Keith fell asleep an hour after Mr. Gallant but he slept for two minutes more. Mr. Connelly slept for five minutes.
2. Ten people sponsored the youth who fell asleep two hours before Mr. Larsen. The youth who fell asleep at 12:30am had twelve sponsors.
3. The person who slept for ten minutes had eight sponsors. Jeremy, whose last name wasn’t Bradley, had two less sponsors than Mr. Larsen but four more sponsors than the one who fell asleep at 2:30am.
4.Mr. Connelly fell asleep after Adam but two hours before the youth who’d gotten sixteen sponsors. The youth whose last name was Bradley slept for two minutes longer than Keith.
5. Elias, whose last name wasn’t Bradley, fell asleep at 2:30am but he didn’t sleep for three minutes.
6. Carl Durgess didn’t have fourteen sponsors but he did sleep for three minutes less than the youth who fell asleep at 3:30am.
September 21, 2009