For Jack and four of his friends, the last weekend in June traditionally heralds the start of camping season. Each year, five friends pack up their camping and hiking gear in preparation for a five-day jaunt in the woods. They meet at the same place every year in the mountains Ė The Woods Diner Ė a little out-of-the-way place they stumbled across deep in the mountains with great food. From there, they drive to a state park where they leave their cars and hike into the mountains for a five-day camping trip. Determine the full name of each friend, the type of car each drove, the type of sandwich each had for lunch in The Woods Diner, and what time each arrived at the diner (between 11:45am and 12:15pm).
1. The friend who drove the Mercedes arrived just before Greg but just after Mr. South.
2. Allan, whose last name wasnít Wheat, got the seafood salad sandwich but he didnít drive a Saturn.
3. The friend who drove the Toyota got a club turkey sandwich but he didnít arrive at 12:10pm.
4. Harold Parker didnít arrive at 11:50pm. Mr. Smith, whose first name wasnít Elliot, ordered a cheeseburger but didnít drive the Honda.
5. The two friends who arrived before 12:00pm were Nathan and the friend who got the ham & cheese sandwich. Allan didnít drive the Ford.
6. The friend who drove the Saturn arrived ten minutes before the friend whose last name was Heart but ten minutes after the friend who got a pastrami sandwich.
June 25, 2010