The Millersville Bookshop is hosting local authors for book signings next week. They’ve chosen five authors with new releases and invited them to come in during the week. They posted a schedule on the door yesterday. Each author will visit on a different day at a different time. In an effort to have something for everybody, all of the invited authors wrote in different genres. Determine the full name of each author, the book title of each new release, the genre of each book, and the time and day of each author visit.
1. The five authors are represented by George, the author of “On the Noon Tide” which isn’t a mystery, the author who came on Wednesday, the author who came at 10:00am, and the author whose last name was Smith.
2. “Tomorrow” wasn’t the name of the young adult novel but it was the novel talked about at 11:00am. Mr. Bench wrote the romance novel. The author who visited on Monday came at 3:00pm.
3. Sara, whose last name wasn’t Smith, wrote the historical novel but she didn’t visit the bookshop on Tuesday. At 1:00pm, the author who wrote the science fiction novel visited the bookshop but not on Friday and his last name wasn’t White.
4. Elliot didn’t write “Bound for Glory” but he did visit the bookshop two days before the author of the science fiction novel. Barbara, whose last name wasn’t Smith, wrote the novel titled “Don’t Sneeze Yet” but it wasn’t a young adult novel. The novel “Falling for Amy” wasn’t talked about at 2:00pm.
5. Harvey North was at the bookshop the afternoon of the day before Ms. Lighting. The three authors who visited the shop in the afternoon were the author of “Bound for Glory”, the author who visited the shop on Thursday, and the author who wrote the young adult novel.
6. The author whose last name was White didn’t write “Falling for Amy” but did visit the bookshop on Tuesday morning. Barbara didn’t visit the bookshop on Thursday but she did come in the morning.
June 25, 2010