Elliot was pleased to note that there were a number of new movies releasing this month that he really wanted to see. Since he hated going to the movies alone, he checked with his friends and several expressed an interest in joining him. Although each of his friends wanted to see just one of the movies on his list, they’d conveniently all picked different movies so he had all of his selections covered. They went to see the movies in the evening the week after the movie released. The day of the week varied however depending upon the schedules of the friend joining him. Determine the title and release date of each movie that Elliot went to see (one release date was January 23rd), the day of the week that they went to see each movie, and the name of the friend who went with Elliot each week.
1. “Heavenly Stars” released on January 30th but Elliot didn’t see it on a Thursday night. Nathan went with Elliot on a Monday night but they didn’t see “Victorious”.
2. George didn’t join Elliot on a Wednesday night. Elliot saw the movie that released on January 9th on a Friday night but not with Tim.
3. “The Affair” came out a week after the movie that Elliot saw with George but a week before the movie that Elliot saw on a Thursday night.
4. Elliot did not see the movie that released on January 16th on a Tuesday night.
5. Elliot saw “At Midnight” before he went with Brad but two weeks after “Just Before Dawn”.
6. Lester went to see the movie that released on January 2nd but not on a Wednesday night.
March 10, 2011