This past weekend the carnival was in town! Greg and four of his friends spent Saturday enjoying the carnival. They spent the day riding the carnival rides until they were sick and spending their allowance money on the midway games. Each friend went home with a giant-sized stuffed animal, full stomachs, and lots of happy memories. Determine the name of each boy, each oneís favorite game and ride, and what giant-sized stuffed animal each boy won.
1. One boy won a giant lion at the Gone Fishing game, but it wasnít Elliot. Ronald, whose last name wasnít Frost, loved the flume ride but he didnít win the giant giraffe.
2. Dave Granger didnít win the giant tiger. The Fascination game was loved by the boy whose last name was Mann. Gregís last name wasnít Times.
3. The roller coaster was Mr. Donnellís favorite ride, but it wasnít Larryís. The boy who loved the Penny Toss game won the giant tiger.
4. The boy whose last name was Mann won the giant dog. Elliotís last name wasnít Frost.
5. The bumper cars were not Larryís favorite ride. The boy who liked Skeeball didnít win the giant bear. The boy who loved the Whack-a-Mole game also loved the carousel.
6. The five boys are represented by Elliot, the boy who liked the Penny Toss game, the boy who won the giant dog, the boy who liked the tilt-a-whirl ride, and the boy whose last name was Times.
November 19, 2008