Last week, Tony opened a sandwich and sub shop on Main Street. He has high hopes for his business being successful as there's a number of large companies in the area that he can cater to. His first week went better than he expected. Every day he had a rush during lunch hour, after which he settled down to his own lunch with a feeling of satisfaction for a job well done. Each day he chose something different to eat, drink, and snack on. Determine the sandwich, type of bread, drink, and snack he ate each day, as well as which day he ate each item.
1. The five lunch meals could be represented, in no particular order, by pita bread, root beer, fudge brownie, grilled chicken, and Friday's meal.
2. Fruit juice was Tony's drink on the day he had a sugar cookie for a snack. The root beer wasn't drunk with the ham & cheese on a taco. On Wednesday, Tony didn't have a roast beef sandwich on rye bread.
3. A plain bagel was used for the sandwich on the day that Tony drank milk. The carrot cake was not eaten with the grilled chicken sandwich.
4. The sliced turkey sandwich wasn't made with a plain bagel. Tony drank iced tea with his grilled chicken sandwich. On Thursday, Tony used wheat bread for his sandwich.
5. Tony drank water with his sandwich on Monday. He had milk with his fudge brownie.
6. Tony ate the popcorn on the day after he made an egg salad sandwich for lunch. Tony didn't have egg salad on Tuesday but he did have pretzels for his snack.