It's apple season and five friends went apple picking last weekend at the Sleepy Hollow orchard, a local orchard where you can buy a bag and then pick your own apples. It was a beautiful day and the friends had a fine time. Sometime during the afternoon, the apple picking became a contest and the friends battled to see who could pick the most apples from the highest places in the shortest time. The end result is that they picked far more apples than they had intended, though they had a grand time doing so. Determine what each friend's favorite type of apple was, how many bushels each friend picked, what each friend's fastest time was for picking a bagful, and how many apples each friend ended up eating while they picked.
1. Ellen was the fastest apple picker but the one who loves McIntosh apples was only one minute behind her. The man whose favorite apples are McIntosh picked five bushels of apples but he didn't eat the most apples.
2. The person who picked one bushel ate more apples than Debbie, but ate two less than the one who loves Macoun apples. Brian didn't like McIntosh apples.
3. James picked more apples than the woman who loved Cortland apples but less than the person who only ate one apple. Jeremy didn't eat two apples.
4. The person who loved Macoun apples picked more bushels than the person who picked a bag in 12 minutes, but less than the person who ate two apples.
5. The person who picked the Red Delicious apples had a faster time than the person who ate five apples but a slower time than the person who picked two bushels.
6. The person who loved Empire apples had the slowest time, but James was only two minutes faster than her. Ellen picked two bushels of apples.