Five people were late for work on Tuesday morning, because of the snowstorm raging outside. Traffic was backed up everywhere due to bad road conditions and accidents caused by slippery roads and unwary drivers. While our five people got to work without getting into any accidents, all were delayed by the excessive traffic and bad road conditions. Normally each person had a 15-minute commute to work in the morning, but today their commutes ranged from 40 minutes to an hour. Determine the full name of each person, the color and make of each person's car, and how long the commute ended up being for each person.
1. The person who drove the white BMW was not the last to arrive. The Mercedes driver didnít take 40 minutes.
2. Sarah, whose last name wasnít Street, didnít drive the Lexus. The person who drove the blue car took 60 minutes to arrive. Abigailís last name wasnít Park.
3. Ms. Drive took longer to arrive than the woman who drove the Porsche, but still arrived before Emily did.
4. Wanda, whose last name wasnít Street, didnít drive the black car and arrived neither last nor first. The woman whose last name was Road drove a green car.
5. The first to arrive was Karen. The last to arrive drove a Volvo. Ms. Drive arrived five minutes after the black car, which wasnít a Porsche.
6. The person who drove the red car arrived five minutes before Ms. Lane, but ten minutes after the Mercedes. Wanda didnít drive the BMW.
March 12, 2007