Five people had the lease on their car expire at the end of the year and each decided to make a big change to their chosen vehicle. Instead of renewing the lease, each person turned in their leased car, and bought a totally different car Ė both the color and the make of each car bought was different from the original leased car that each returned. By some strange twist of fate however, while each person bought a different colored car than what they returned, they all picked from the same five colors Ė the five colors that were returned were all bought again in the new cars, but by different people. Determine the name of each person, the color and make of the leased car each returned, and the color and make of the car each bought.
1. One of the men leased the Chevrolet and purchased a blue car. The Lexus was white. Larry didnít lease the black car.
2. The Subaru was turned in for a Saturn. Larry didnít buy the red Chrysler. Wendy never had a white car. The Mercedes wasnít green.
3. Elliot didnít buy a Mercedes but he had leased a red BMW. The green car wasnít bought by the person who leased the white car.
4. The Volkswagen, which wasnít black, wasnít bought by the person who had leased a white car.
5. The black car was turned in for a blue car. The person who bought the Volkswagen didnít lease the Ford.
6. The green cars were the car that Cheryl bought and the Ford that was leased. Chris didnít lease the blue Toyota.
January 17, 2007