Valentine's Day, February 14th, was just yesterday and five couples celebrated in true Valentine's Day fashion. Each girlfriend received a gift at work that day. Each gift contained a card that said, "Be My Valentine!" Each couple also met for dinner that night at a different ethnic restaurant. Determine the first names of each couple, the gift sent to each girlfriend, and the type of restaurant each went to for dinner.
1. Evan sent roses to his sweetheart on Valentine's Day but he didnít take her out to a Mexican restaurant that night.
2. Randall and Alicia didn't have dinner in a Chinese restaurant. Kristin didn't receive cookies.
3. The five couples are represented by Kristin, David, the girlfriend who received chocolates, the couple who went to a Chinese restaurant, and the girlfriend who received the necklace.
4. Tomís girlfriend wasnít Sherry and he didn't send a bracelet to his girlfriend. Mary, whose boyfriend wasn't David, was brought to a Brazilian restaurant that night.
5. Frank took his girlfriend to a Thai restaurant. Florence didn't receive roses.
6. The girlfriend who got the necklace went to an Italian restaurant that night.
February 29, 2012