To add a little fun to the sweltering summer heat, Bellaís Bath and Body Boutique in downtown Millersville (commonly known as the 4Bs by her clientele) announced that they were sponsoring a swimsuit contest. Prizes would be awarded to the winners and judging would be held the following weekend at Settlerís Pond, a favorite local hang-out that featured a public beach and town-funded restroom facilities. Interested contestants could sign up inside and the 4Bs clientele set up quite a buzz over it all, with speculation running high for both who would sign up and who would win, if they did sign up. Determine the full name of the five winning contestants (one first name was Sarah and one last name was Sanford), the color of each winnerís bathing suit, if the winners wore a 1-piece suit or a 2-piece, and what place each won (1st to 5th).
1. Rachel Travers didnít wear a red bathing suit but she did place one higher than the woman wearing the white 1-piece bathing suit.
2. Melonyís last name wasnít James but she won 1st place.
3. The three who wore 1-piece suites were the woman in 2nd place, the one who wore the yellow bathing suit, and Amelia, whose last name wasnít West.
4. Rachel placed one higher than Ms. Couch but two places lower than the one who wore the blue bathing suit.
5. Juliaís last name wasnít Couch. Ms. James wore a 2-piece bathing suit.
6. The five women were, in no particular order, Ms. James, Julia, the woman who placed 5th, the woman who wore the black 2-piece bathing suit, and Ms. West.
January 10, 2012