Four people traveled away from home to go to the First Night celebration in a different city for New Yearís Eve this year. None of them had ever traveled for New Yearís Eve and looked forward to the celebration with great enthusiasm. The four people all traveled to their chosen city using a different method of transportation. Determine the full name of each person, the city that they traveled to for First Night, their method of transportation, and their home city.
1. Ralph Shepherd didnít travel to Boston for the First Night celebration. Mr. Leavit, whose first name wasnít Bernard, lived in New York.
2. The person who lived in Boston traveled to a different city by bus. Mr. West traveled by train.
3. The person who went to First Night in Chicago traveled by car.
4. The person who lived in Chicago traveled to New York for First Night, but not by plane.
5. Elliot, whose last name wasnít Prescott, didnít travel by car. Bernard didnít live in New York but he spent First Night in Atlanta.
6. Mike, who didnít live in Atlanta, traveled by plane.
February 17, 2009