Larry and three of his friends spent one Saturday afternoon in the local arcade. They discovered that they were pretty evenly matched in the games that they played. So it wasn’t too surprising that they took turns at winning. What was unusual was that each of them ended up being the overall winner in one of the game types that they’d played. From the clues below, determine each boy’s full name, which game each was the clear winner of, and what each boy had for a snack (one snack was ice cream).
1. Larry didn’t win at air hockey but he did get the nachos.
2. Mr. Sawyer had popcorn. Walter’s last name wasn’t Forrest.
3. The boy who won at pool had pizza, but it wasn’t Walter.
4. Blair’s last name was Reading.
5. Mark’s last name wasn’t Park but he won at miniature golf.
6. The friend who won at bowling didn’t have a last name of Park.
March 10, 2011