Richard works in IT support at Gadgetworks, Inc. and he noticed last Friday that he had several computers in need of updating. He arranged with each user to upgrade their computer this week. Since upgrading operating systems was rarely as simple as the programmers thought it was, Richard planned a full day for each computer and even provided loaners for the users. Determine the full name of each user, which department each worked in, which operating system each used (Windows or Apple), and which day of the week Richard worked on each computer.
1. The Windows users were, in no particular order, the user who worked in finance, Mr. Almond, and Harvey.
2. The computer that Richard took on Wednesday belonged to an Apple user.
3. John’s last name wasn’t Crawford but he worked in customer service. Mr. Grace didn’t work in manufacturing.
4. Mr. Maxwell’s Apple computer was taken the day before Elliot’s Windows computer but two days after the computer in marketing, which wasn’t Harvey’s computer.
5. Mr. Crawford, whose first name wasn’t Elliot, didn’t work in engineering.
6. Michael’s computer was taken on Tuesday but he didn’t work in marketing. The engineering computer was taken on Friday but George Bixby wasn’t the user.
August 12, 2013